As great as it is to see the Parkers as one big happy family, they still have to deal with a very angry (and even crazier than usual) Mole Man.
Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows #4 (Marvel Comics)
- Dinosaurs and moloids are scary, but Mole Man firing a ray gun might just make you run faster.
- When this is over, Pete and MJ need to run some team-up drills.
- Betty Brant: Still awesome now matter which dimension/universe you’re in.
- Pete’s got a point about redheads.
- Mole Man: Part comic relief, part homicidal maniac.
- May’s nickname might not be great, but I’m a lot more worried about how she’s looking at Normie Osborne.
Renew Your Vows isn’t anything earth shattering, but that’s probably not why you’re reading it.
In addition to Stegman’s GORGEOUS artwork—with this issue being the most beautiful of the series—Gerry Conway is giving us a wonderfully charming look at the Parkers if One More Day (ugh) had never happened.
Are the jokes ever a little too cute or cheesy? Sometimes.
Are there plot contrivances? Of course.
But there’s also a lot of great dialogue along with an overarching story that just may turn out to give this series the narrative meat it needs to go from a fun diversion to something special.
For now, though, Renew Your Vows continues to be a gorgeously drawn bit of comfort food in a market dominated by dark and gloomy titles.