You didn’t actually think the real Miles Warren (aka Fuzzy Yoda) was going to take this lying down, did you?
Amazing Spider-Man #24 (Marvel Comics)
- It’s a rare day indeed when watching people who look like you perish in a horrific manner is cause for celebration.
- IT’S YODA TIME, FOOLS!
- Still love it when Doc Ock screams “MELT WITH ME!”
- Looks like Ock isn’t over that whole “superior” kick of his.
- When a guy takes the device on your wrist making a sound like nails on a chalkboard and says “Just what daddy needs,” it’s time to flee the vehicle.
- Yikes. Ben Reilly is going full Count Dooku on Jackal’s ass.
- Punching EMS workers = Not a good way to endear yourself as someone about to get their own monthly title.
I guess this fight had to happen, but it felt a bit anti-climatic. The Jackal vs. Ben Reilly fight has some cool moments, but it ends up mostly feels like a contrived series of events made to allow Reilly to escape the whole “Almost Destroyed the Freaking World” thing and slip into the shadows.
I will admit, however, that it is cool seeing the old school Jackal fighting again, which Giueseppe Camuncoli draws exceptionally well. We also need some closure on the “prime” version of Miles Warren once all the clones started melting, which Dan Slott and Christos Gage definitely provide.
I’m also highly intrigued to see how things with Ben Reilly and another major returned villain (you can probably guess who) now that they are back in the Marvel Universe. Both characters have been through some major events—including their own deaths—which have changed them drastically from the last time they were regular members of the Spider-Man cast. Even if the big fights in this issue were somewhat lackluster, the plot threads emerging from its aftermath should be all types of fun to watch unfold.