Ugh. Let’s just get this over with.
Spider-Man: Homecoming Prelude #2 (Marvel Comics)
- Oh goodie. More stuff we already saw in Captain America: Civil War.
- Wait! I may have spoken too soon. We’re getting Spider-Man’s inner monologue now, too. This is actually pretty cool…
- …and I spoke too soon. Now we’re back to a shot-for-shot adaptation (with a little bit of added Spidey narration sprinkled in).
- What the heck happened to Black Panther’s suit?
- And why does Aunt May look younger than Peter?
Well, at least it was better than last issue. Unfortunately, that’s not saying much at all. While we do get a dash of genuinely good inner narration from Spider-Man, the issue is mostly just a well-drawn adaptation of the biggest moments from Captain America: Civil War…that also costs $4.
I’m not sure what the sales numbers on Marvel movie prelude books like this are, but I’d genuinely like to hear from someone who actually enjoys them. There’s got to be a market out there or they wouldn’t keep making them. Please post in the comments if you do (and your medicine is still working).
Otherwise, I think most of us can agree that this book isn’t worth a fraction of its cover price. Let’s hope the movie this summer is a great deal more entertaining.