If you’re a fan of the 50’s or just nostalgic for it you have a new reason to get excited this January. LEGO is putting out a new 2,400 piece set that comes with 6 minifigures to capture the diner scene along with a boxer too. The set will retail for about $170 dollars and offers an awesome new building for fans that are creating a city of their own.
Check out the full press release below and a gallery of images to go with it!
Ages 16+. 2,480 pieces.
US $169.99 – CA $219.99 – DE 149.99€ – UK £129.99 – DK 1399.00 DKK
*Euro pricing varies by country. Please visit shop.LEGO.com for regional pricing.
Discover a place where music is on the menu!
Drop in at the LEGO® Creator Expert 10260 Downtown Diner, where you’ll discover a healthy portion of fun and surprises. This impressive model features removable building sections for easy access to the detailed interior, which comprises a ground-level 1950s-style diner with a large curved front window, red bar stools, jukebox, counter and an open-plan kitchen. The mid level has a gym with boxing ring, punching bag and weight training room, while on the upper-level you’ll find a recording studio, complete with vocal booth, mixing desk and a refreshments cabinet. The facade of the building features pink-and-teal Streamline Moderne styling with a large ‘DINER’ sign. Other external features include arched windows, balconies and a staircase, plus a pink convertible car and a detailed sidewalk, complete with mailbox, parking meter, flowerpots and a streetlamp. This incredible collectible toy has been designed to provide a challenging and rewarding building experience with a touch of nostalgia and charm. Includes 6 minifigures.
• Includes 6 minifigures: a chef, waitress, boxer, rock star, manager and a bodybuilder.
• The 3-level Downtown Diner comes with an array of brick-built details, including a detailed facade with pink-and-teal Streamline Moderne styling and a large ‘DINER’ sign, external staircase, arched windows, drainpipe, balconies, decorative roofline, opening skylight and a rooftop terrace, plus a detailed sidewalk with a mailbox, parking meter, flowerpots and an ornate streetlamp. This set also includes a pink 1950s-style convertible.
• Ground level features 1950s downtown American diner styling with a large curved front window, red barstools, benches, jukebox, candy machine, counter, 2 soda dispensers, and a kitchen with a coffee machine, stove and a cooker hood.
• Mid-level features a gym with a boxing ring, punching bag, weight training room, water dispenser and a wall clock.
• Upper level features a recording studio complete with vocal booth, soundproofed walls, mixing desk and a refreshments cabinet.
• Take a ride in the stylish convertible and head for a diner where fast food and music are on the menu.
• Help the chef prepare the fastest food in town while the roller-skating waitress lines up the orders.
• Drop in at the gym for a couple of rounds in the boxing ring or a good workout on the punching bag.
• Open the skylight and eavesdrop on the making of a hit album.
• Accessory elements include roller skates, guitar, golden record award and a buildable barbell.
• Remove the building sections to access the detailed interior.
• New decorated elements include a decorated door, album cover, lots of teal-colored and pink-colored elements, and a dual-face minifigure with singing and smiling expressions.
• Special elements include new flower stalks and flower heads, plus 1×3 ‘jumper’ plates, 2×2 plate with 2 studs and a minifigure torso with boxing gloves.
• Collect and build an entire town with the LEGO® Creator Expert Modular Building series 10243 Parisian Restaurant, 10246 Detective’s Office, 10251 Brick Bank and 10255 Assembly Square.
• Measures over 13″ (34cm) high, 9″ (25cm) wide and 9″ (25cm) deep.