Nintendo absolutely dominated 2017, coming back with a vengeance.
2017 was a year of resurgence for Nintendo. After a very disappointing previous generation following anemic Wii U sales and general confusion over the console’s role in the company’s lineup, Nintendo unveiled the Nintendo Switch in March, which became an instant hit thanks in no small part to one of the greatest launch titles of all time, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.
Amazon recently released a list of its best selling games of 2017, which helps better illustrate the monster year Nintendo had: a staggering seven of the top ten games were from the publisher, including Super Mario Odyssey nabbing the top spot.
Check the list below:
- Super Mario Odyssey (Switch) (Buy Now)
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Switch) (Buy Now)
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch) (Buy Now)
- Horizon Zero Dawn (PS4) (Buy Now)
- Call of Duty: WWII (PS4) (Buy Now)
- Call of Duty: WWII (Xbox One) (Buy Now)
- Splatoon 2 (Switch) (Buy Now)
- Pokémon Ultra Sun (3DS) (Buy Now)
- Pokémon Ultra Moon (3DS) (Buy Now)
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Wii U) (Buy Now)