Gucamelee 2 is suplexing its way onto Steam!
Everyone’s favorite avocado based luchador simulation game is coming to Steam!
Drinkbox Studios is officially announcing that their Mexican-themed co-op-multiplayer Metroidvania action-platforming game, Guacamelee! 2, will hit PC via Steam. Releasing “soon,” players can get a taste of the sequel to the award-winning luchador brawler at PAX East by meeting with Drinkbox in the Indie MEGABOOTH.
I’ll be hitting up the booth at PAX, to get a hands on impressions of the sequel to one of my favorite metroidvanias of the last few years, but in the meantime, here’s the list of new features, as well as the launch trailer:
Guacamelee! 2 will include a bevy of new features, including:
- New Player Mechanics – Experience all new mechanics like Eagle Boost, a hooking mechanic that allows Juan to attach and fly through “boost points” in the environment
- Super Chicken! – A unique set of new abilities and moves for the chicken form, giving the player more varied and interesting chicken gameplay
- New Enemies and Environments – Guacamelee 2 takes place in a whole new part of Mexico, with completely new areas, enemies, and bosses
- 4-Player Local Co-op – Take on enemies as a solo luchador, or with a group of friends!
- Visual Enhancements – Redesigned lighting system for both characters and environments to take advantage of advanced hardware rendering features