One of Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order‘s biggest selling points is its extensive, diverse cast of Marvel characters and the ability to play field general (or should that be S.H.I.E.L.D. general?) to configure your favorite team combinations.
Certain team combinations yield added benefits to your characters’ stats known as Team Bonuses. These bonuses draw from the characters’ history and interaction in Marvel Comics lore; for example, arranging a team with Captain Marvel, Drax, Gamora, Rocket & Groot, and Star-Lord gives a “Guardians of the Galaxy” Team Bonus. Arranging a team with Deadpool, Ghost Rider, Venom and Wolverine gives an “Anti-Hero” Bonus.
There are myriad teams and bonuses to discover in Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 and we’ll compile a list of the ones we discover here. (To see which teams a character belongs to within the game, hit the L-button on the Character Select screen.)
Spoiler Warning: Although we’ve tried to minimize the chance of spoiling too many surprise characters, as the game’s initial release buzz begins to diminish we will be including the full roster of characters on this list.
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D: Black Widow, Hawkeye, Captain America, Elektra, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Wolverine
- Agile Fighters: Black Panther, Black Widow, Daredevil, Elektra, Gamora, Hawkeye, Iron Fist, Miles Morales, Nightcrawler, Spider-Gwen, Spider-Man
- Anti-Heroes: Deadpool, Elektra, Ghost Rider, Venom, Wolverine
- Avengers: Black Panther, Captain America, Captain Marvel, Crystal, Falcon, Hawkeye, Hulk, Iron Man, Scarlet Witch, Thor, Wasp
- Back in Black: Black Panther, Black Widow, Ghost Rider, Venom
- Big Brains: Black Panther, Doctor Strange, Hulk, Iron Man, Ms. Marvel, Spider-Man
- The Crew: Black Panther, Falcon, Luke Cage, Storm
- Cutting Edge: Black Panther, Deadpool, Drax, Elektra, Gamora, Nightcrawler, Psylocke, Wolverine
- Defenders: Elektra, Daredevil, Doctor Strange, Hulk, Iron Fist, Luke Cage
- Family Values: Gamora, Thor
- Femme Fatales: Black Widow, Elektra, Gamora, Psylocke
- Forces of Nature: Crystal, Star Lord, Storm
- Generations: Captain America, Captain Marvel, Falcon, Miles Morales, Ms. Marvel, Spider-Man
- Gods and Demons: Ghost Rider, Loki, Storm, Thor
- Guardians of the Galaxy: Captain Marvel, Drax, Gamora, Rocket & Groot, Star Lord
- Heavy Hitters: Drax, Hulk, Luke Cage, Ms. Marvel, Thor, Venom
- Martial Artists: Daredevil, Elektra, Gamora, Iron Fist, Psylocke, Wolverine
- Marvel Royalty: Black Panther, Crystal, Rocket & Groot, Star Lord, Storm, Thor
- Midnight Sons: Doctor Strange, Ghost Rider, Scarlet Witch
- New Avengers: Daredevil, Doctor Strange, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, Spider-Man, Wolverine
- Original Avengers: Hulk, Iron Man, Thor, Wasp
- Partners: Black Widow, Captain America, Falcon, Hawkeye, Rocket & Groot, Venom
- Ultimate Alliance 3: Crystal, Drax, Falcon, Gamora, Miles Morales, Rocket & Groot, Scarlet Witch, Spider-Gwen, Star Lord, Wasp
- Villains: Deadpool, Magneto, Venom
- Web Warriors: Black Widow, Miles Morales, Spider-Gwen, Spider-Man, Venom
- Wise Cracking Warriors: Deadpool, Rocket & Groot, Spider-Man, Star Lord
- Women of Marvel: Black Widow, Captain Marvel, Crystal, Elektra, Elsa Bloodstone, Gamora, Ms. Marvel, Psylocke, Scarlet Witch, Spider-Gwen, Storm, Wasp
- X-Force: Deadpool, Nightcrawler, Psylocke, Storm, Wolverine
- X-Men: Deadpool, Nightcrawler, Psylocke, Storm, Wolverine
Which team combinations yield the best Team Bonus stats? Check out our MUA3 Strongest Teams analysis.
What about the best characters in the game? Check out our list of the Top Ten Characters in Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3.
What’s your favorite team combination in Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order? Let us know which ones we missed.