HBO released the final trailer for the eighth and final season of Game of Thrones today and — hold up, isn’t it unreal to think this is the last Game of Thrones trailer we’ll ever watch in our lifetime?
The trailer features some intriguing scenes, including:
- Arya running in fear from someone or something (Undead Starks?) in the Crypts of Winterfell.
- Jon and Dany leading the Unsullied army together.
- Jon looking ready to mount a dragon (no, not the same “mounting of a dragon” he did last season, get your minds out of the gutter).
- Cersei crying, sipping wine (that can’t be good for the pregnancy) and looking devious.
- The first appearance of The Golden Company (“one of the largest and most skilled sellsword companies in the Free Cities, consisting of 10,000 infantry, cavalry, and war elephants” according to the Game of Thrones wiki).
- Gendry at a forge.
- And a distinct lack of Melisandre the Red Priestess and Direwolves.
How will the saga of ice and fire finally end? Game of Thrones‘ final season begins on April 14th.