Staple 7-mana-cost minion made his return in a big way in Hearthstone‘s The Boomsday Project expansion and in Rise of the Shadows, he’s blasting off in a suit of armor like the character upon which he’s based (Marvel’s Dr. Doom) and bringing an (potential) army of Boom Bots with him as a brand-new Legendary for the Warrior class:
- Blastmaster Boom
- Class: Warrior
- Card type: Minion
- Rarity: Legendary
- Mana cost: 7
- Attack: 7 Health: 7
- Card text: Battlecry: Summon two 1/1 Boom Bots for each Bomb in your opponent’s deck.
- Callback Cards: All of our villains have been around for quite a while, so some of the new cards might be familiar. Callback will be using mechanics from the past expansions.
- Source: Hearthstone Rise of Shadows Card Reveal Livestream
Could Bomb Warrior become a top-tier deck when Rise of Shadows hits? And how do you think Boommaster Flark feels about this card?
Also revealed for the Warrior class, a new Common card called Dr. Boom’s Scheme:
- Dr. Boom’s Scheme
- Class: Warrior
- Card type: Spell
- Rarity: Common
- Mana cost: 4
- Card text: Gain 1 Armor. (Upgrades each turn!)
- New Mechanic – Schemes: Scheme cards are spells that start weak and grow stronger each turn they’re in your hand. On each of your own turns, the number on them increases by 1. There is no cap, besides the hard physical limits of the game: 45 turns per player, the 60-card deck limit and the 7-minion board space limit.
Seems a little lackluster compared to some of the Druid Armor cards (and a bit of a letdown for one of Dr. Boom’s evil schemes) we’ve seen in the past (Branching Paths, Ferocious Howl, Oaken Summons and Ultimate Infestation all come to mind) but maybe this card will work in cohesion with cards Team 5 hasn’t yet revealed for Rise of Shadows.
What do you think of Dr. Boom’s return in Rise of Shadows? Let us know in the comments.