A new patch has just hit the Overwatch PTR and its a big one.
Six heroes have received significant changes, Assault maps have received balance changes, the Workshop has been updated, a pile of bugs have been fixed, and Blizzard has finally implemented the long desired Replay system.
I’ve broken down the most important changes for you below. And remember, this is the PTR, not live, all of this could potentially change.
New Feature: Replays
“Experience your past Overwatch games from a whole new perspective with Replays.” wrote Blizzard. “Replays allows you to watch your ten most recent matches from any vantage point. Whether you want a first-person, third-person, or bird’s-eye view, you can see it all with this tool. Hone your strategies by slowing down or speeding up the game to see exactly how a critical moment played out, get a better view of the action from above, or even turn off the UI completely.”
A deeper breakdown of how the new system works is available here.
- Biotic Launcher
- Increased heal ammo from 10 to 12.
- Amplification Matrix
- Ultimate duration increased from 8 seconds to 10 seconds.
- Defense Matrix
- Reduced length of Defense Matrix from 15 meters to 10 meters.
- Primary fire recovery reduced from 0.5 seconds to 0.4 seconds.
- Protective Barrier
- Barrier can be deployed without interrupting reload.
- Teleporter interact range increased from 1 meter to 1.5 meters.
- Rivet Gun
- Secondary Fire damage per pellet reduced from 12.5 to 10.5 (105 dmg total per shot).
Game Mode Updates
- Time awarded for capturing Point A on all Assault maps has been reduced from 4 minutes to 3 minutes.
- Upon losing Point A, any defenders that are dead, or that die shortly thereafter, will have a maximum respawn of 3.5 seconds.
- Visual update applied
- Check boxes added to support operations on multiple conditions/actions/rules.
- You can now disable conditions/actions/rules without deleting them.
- (PC) When copying conditions/actions/rules, the contents will also be copied to your clipboard in a text format.
- (PC) When pasting conditions/actions/rules, the editor will use the text from your clipboard.
- Increased maximum number of effects from 64 -> 128.
- Added ‘Modify Global Variable At Index’.
- Added ‘Modify Player Variable At Index’.
- Communication Wheel: “Acknowledge” pings triggered through the Communication Wheel can now target objectives.
- Fixed a bug where explosions could play in the wrong position if a mispredicted impact happened on the client.
- Custom Game: Fixed a bug where AI Soldier: 76 wouldn’t fire his Helix Rocket at the same target twice.
- Custom Game: Fixed an issue where ‘Nearest Walkable Position’ would use a location in a spawn room instead of the specified location when the spawn room doors were closed.
- Tutorial: Weapon UI is now hidden until your weapon is available.
- Anti-Heal will be cleared when Sombra uses her translocator to teleport.
- Translocator will now escape slippery surfaces more easily and not be able to be stuck to them.
- Fixed an issue where a material effect on Sombra’s hair would cause it to cast a shadow while invisible.
- Fixed a bug where Torbjörn’s turret was sometimes able to shoot through walls.
The full patch notes are available to view here.