Though he’s one of the greatest superheroes around, the Caped Crusader hasn’t had his own film in quite a long time. Next year, that’s finally set to change, as Matt Reeves’ The Batman hits theaters. Now, the full cast has been revealed and it’s bound to get the ‘net a-buzzin’.
- Robert Pattinson (The Lighthouse, Cosmopolis) is Bruce Wayne/Batman.
- Zoe Kravitz (Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald, Divergent trilogy) is Selina Kyle.
- Paul Dano (Love & Mercy, 12 Years a Slave) is Edward Nashton.
- Jeffrey Wright (The Hunger Games films, Boardwalk Empire) is Gotham PD’s James Gordon.
- John Turturro (The Night of, The Name of the Rose) is Carmine Falcone.
- Peter Sargaard (Black Mass, The Magnificent Seven) is Gotham DA Gil Colson.
- Jayme Lawson (Farewell Amor) is mayoral candidate Bela Reál.
- Andy Serkis (The Lord of the Rings and Planet of the Apes trilogies) is Alfred Pennyworth.
- Colin Farrell (True Detective, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them) is Oswald Cobblepot.
Intriguingly, Dano is listed as playing Edward Nashton, not Nygma. He was earlier reported to be playing the Riddler, who’s usually Ed Nygma. Wright’s not listed as playing Commissioner Gordon, but as “the GCPD’s James Gordon,” which makes me wonder what rank Gordon is in the film.
Kravitz is listed as playing Selina Kyle, but it doesn’t mention Catwoman, making me wonder if Selina has yet become the feline fatalé here. I’m definitely intrigued to find out more and hope more is revealed later in the year.
The Batman flies into theaters June 25th, 2021.